Old 27-10-2006, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mike[_2_] mike[_2_] is offline

Default Raspberries

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Dementor
writes

Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days, I have to
conclude that the newsgroup has reverted to a quiet, relatively
civilised, useful resource and the forecasts of doom have not
materialised now that the owners and the rest of the coven seem to
have moved out, hopefully permanently.

D.Mentor.

Quiet it might be, but it's questionable it will ever be as useful a
resource without the expertise and knowledge of Sacha, Judith, David and
Janet.

In all my correspondence with them over 5 years, I never experienced
anything but courtesy, helpfulness and friendship.

The newsgroup is not 'better', having had to be depleted due to the
actions of the few who seemed to take a joy in personal defamation and an
aggressive stance against anyone who questioned their gardening advice.

There are those of us who have been quiet throughout the past few months
over events leading up to this (rightly or wrongly!) but that doesn't mean
to say that we see the departure of keen gardeners as anything but
regrettable.

May I take it by your use of the word 'coven' that you are assuming that
the participants were women and that men would never defend themselves
against personal attack?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

and you will join them in uk.rec.gardening.moderated no doubt?

Bye ...

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk