Old 27-10-2006, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Raspberries OT

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

The newsgroup is not 'better', having had to be depleted due to the
actions of the few who seemed to take a joy in personal defamation and
an aggressive stance against anyone who questioned their gardening
advice.

As one of the people accused (wrongly) by Sacha, and having been abused
by her several times during the past ten or so years, I am relieved that
she has gone, (or that she says she has gone). She accused me of
something I was not guilty of and I cannot forgive her for that. Were
she to apologise, I would gladly do so but that is highly unlikely.

There are those of us who have been quiet throughout the past few
months over events leading up to this (rightly or wrongly!) but that
doesn't mean to say that we see the departure of keen gardeners as
anything but regrettable.

May I take it by your use of the word 'coven' that you are assuming
that the participants were women and that men would never defend
themselves against personal attack?

I believe that, in the world of witchcraft, 'covens' include men.
--
June Hughes