Old 28-10-2006, 04:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_1_] Jonno[_1_] is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

Jen wrote:
"Ms Leebee" wrote in message
Terryc wrote:
What a thick dipstick.
So, what is the difference between the water running continuously in
the hand basin whilst you shave and/or clean your teeth and it
running continuously in the shower for the extra time it takes to
shave and/or clean your teeth,.
The idea is that you don't run the water continuously while shaving
or brushing your teeth.

A lot of people do.

I thought it had been drummed into everyone pretty well not to run water
while brushing, not to hose driveways, and not to water lawns. I'm just
shocked that people still do these things.

Jen

I reckon he's been playing peeping tom, who ever said that. How the heck
would he know?
But its a bit ridiculous to tell the populace en masse how they should
conserve even more water, when we are doing better (as stated by the
government figures) than they had hoped.
Its a little political soap box grand standing by a public servant who
does not have any idea that saving water in a dam is going to come in
mighty handy in the future. Also we should restrict the population
migration to sustainability figures till the drought (that some people
who have little grasp of statistics tell us isn't happening) is over.