Old 28-10-2006, 04:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_1_] Jonno[_1_] is offline

Default Cucumbers and beans in Melbourne

Ms Leebee wrote:
Staycalm wrote:
I have a lovely big new veggie bed and have planted all the old
faves. Two new items I wanted to try are cucumbers and beans.
I have some seedlings of the continental/burpless variety. What is
the best way to support them as they grow? They have been planted in
a row. Also I can't decide what beans to plant. Can anyone recommend some
tasty varieties? Easiest support for them to grow on?

French runner beans - yum !

Grew ours up on the fence, with help of stakes/wire/trellis - pretty
haphazard, just supporting as we went.

Never grown cuc's though .. but would be interested ... yum ( gotta get that
vege patch going !

Cucumbers grow really well if you allow plenty of water for that crop.
Vegetables are going through the roof in the near future.
Time to start that patch....