Old 28-10-2006, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default boards versus what?

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"JennyC" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"JennyC" wrote in message

I've used old wine bottles turned upside down and tapped into

the
soil.
Pic at : http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/gardenfront.htm

Good ideas seem to have a life of their own. Bottles were a

favoured
garden edging in Oz in the late 19th and early 20th century. The

well
to do used nice terracotta moulded garden edges and the working

class
used any sort of bottles matching up styles and bottle colours for
individual beds. Nice to see that the fashion is still alive and

well
in a garden.

I know my place "~))

LOL. I've always thought they were a good tough solution and it
certainly saves landfill sites :-))

One nice thing is that tiny ferns grow inside some of them and look pretty
:~))
I'll take a picture if the sun comes out today........
Jenny