Old 28-10-2006, 02:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Health of Dogwood

"Vince" wrote in message

I noticed that the Dogwood has several areas that are about six or
seven inches long where the bark of the tree is missing, lengthwise
along the vertical limbs.

I confess that I have not given this tree any attention; no
fertilizer/food over the years. It does not bloom flowers for a very
long time in springtime.

Is this a good time of year to put in fertilizer/food stakes around
the base of the Dogwood? If not, when is best time to give it a
feeding ?

Thanks.

Vince
On Long Island, NY

Please describe where your dogwood is planted, relative to things like
sidewalks, blacktop driveway, and buildings. It's sometimes relevant to
what's happening to the tree.