Old 28-10-2006, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
D.Mentor D.Mentor is offline

Default Raspberries

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:39:14 GMT, Bowman
wrote:

Variously it was written :
Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days, I have to
conclude that the newsgroup has reverted to a quiet, relatively
civilised, useful resource and the forecasts of doom have not
materialised now that the owners and the rest of the coven seem to
have moved out, hopefully permanently.
D.Mentor.

Quiet it might be, but it's questionable it will ever be as useful a
resource without the expertise and knowledge of Sacha, Judith, David and
Janet.

I don't think "expertise and knowledge" was ever the problem,
it was the manner in which they went about dispensing it and the bitching
and bees to honeypots that went with it that was the prob.
To substitute this group for a real social life was a mistake that they
frequently made.

Reading this group became too much of a trial in separating the signal from
the noise, so I didn't eventually, resorting to looking in from time to
time once in a 6month or so.

If they really have gone ( ! ? ) then it may well be worth paying more
frequent visits,,,

Indeed, Long reign peace!

D.men/tor