Old 28-10-2006, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] orgone@gmail.com is offline

Default decking flush with lawn

I want to install a new decked area this coming spring that will
replace part of an existing lawn. I don't want to have to step up onto
it so would like to build it so that it sits completely flush with the
adjacent lawned area. My guess is that I will need to excavate to a
certain depth, pour footings and then backfill with gravel over a
weed-proof membrane. Any thoughts or suggestions re things I might be
missing?

thank you