Old 22-03-2003, 08:20 PM
V_coerulea

Default TSP for tool sterilization?

Wow. I haven't hear that one in more years than I care to count. I think you
could probably accomplish the same thing with a saturated solution of just
about any salt including old fashionned NaCl. But as others point out, the
salts will rust your tools in no time. As a personal preference, I use
Physan were possible, and hypochlorite solutions elsewhere.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
One of our societies more prolific growers uses a TSP solution to

sterilize
tools between cuts. I bought some, and intend to use it, but my husband
cringed and said it would harm the plants.

What say you all?

Diana