Old 29-10-2006, 07:56 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default these brown eggs ....

"SyrianPrince" writes:
brown inside brown outside
i read that red ear lobed chickensd lay brownshelled eggs and white ear
lobed birdds lay white shells

I can't just recall ever seeing a hen with white ear lobes. You can
extend your rule of thumb to Chinese bantams--they are white birds but
with bright blue wattles IIRC and I think their egg shells are blue.

food has nothing to do with shell colour....

Pretty much what I think, unless there are dyes that are now added to
some prepared pellets for the purpose of colouring the shells.