Old 29-10-2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default Is this group dead or is the other one ?

"Snooze" wrote in message
.. .
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
There seems to be two reg.garden(s).roses one with an S the other
without.

This is the one with. No traffic - my ISP has been not pulling from
their East nor West
storage sites. They might not have this one re-newed yet.

It has been days for all of the groups... Such is life in times of Blogs
and instant messages.
news groups are endangered I fear.

This is an incredibly low traffic newsgroup. When in doubt, check
groups.google.com
rec.gardens has a bit of traffic, but i wouldn't be surprised if the bulk
of the folks have moved to web forums and the like.

-S

Really has not much to do with blogs or forums. It's a problem with low
traffic newsgroups that experience infighting. Everyone gets POd and
leaves. Some return eventually. I've seen it happen before in other
newsgroups even before the word "blog" was invented, and before forums were
a big deal.

FWIW I've tried the other methods and still prefer newsgroups. ::shrug::

How are everyone's roses doing? Mine are enjoying the recent rains and
cooler weather. Blooming like mad, and putting out new leaves.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA