Old 29-10-2006, 02:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] glyford@gmail.com is offline

Default water on window sill

mo wrote:
Hello, I have a house built in the 40's early 50's and when
it rains very hard water seeps past the old triple track storm
windows and begins to collect on the window sill in between
the storm and the interior window. This water does not drain
out anywhere I have to soak it up with rags. I noticed that someone
caulked around the piece of flashing that covers the sill. Are there any
drain holes that might be covered up?

Yes, you need drain holes, if it's not too late and your sill is
already
rotted out (even if it is, drain holes will help).

Go ahead and drill 2 or 3 small holes (1/16 to 1/8" should be fine)
right
at the height of the sill. If you can seen where the original holes
were, you may just be able poke out the caulk at those locations
with a nail.

Hope that helps.
--Glenn Lyford