Old 22-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Iain McWilliams

Default Do mulcher mowers work?

Lawn cutting season is upon us once more and I've decided to treat myself to
a new mower. I'm looking for a 18-20 inch cut 4 wheeled rotary mower but
have come across "mulcher" mowers that seem too good to be true. I don't
mind cutting the grass but do object to waiting 30 mins in the queue at the
local tip to deposit 4 bin bags of clippings.

So the question is do mulchers deliver what they claim? ie the ability to
cut the grass without contributing to the landfill problem, or do they just
leave a finer cut layer of grass clippings on the lawn?

Thanks,
Iain

PS: if they do work, some recommendations on the best performing units would
be appreciated.