Old 30-10-2006, 01:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

"Linda H" wrote in message
meeee wrote:

oh hang on ... people have sprinkler SYSTEMS now, don't they ? Not as
easy to spot as a whirley-gigger attached to a hose plonked in the middle
of the lawn

yep, the ole sprinkler we used to run through are pretty much gone now.

I bought one of those old backward & forward sprinklers earlier this year
when we put down an acre of lawn seed. (I'm not mad about lawns but we
had to, it was one big dust bowl.) But then, we're not running off mains
water - it came out of our tank.

I'm so glad hubby and his cousin (who did the external plumbing &
treatment plant for our new place) heeded their old (former farmer)
grandmother's advice of "you can never have enough water" and the cousin
got us to put in the biggest tank we could afford - 98,000 litres.

wow that was a very wise decision.