Old 22-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Bumpy lawn+lots of moss!!

In article ,
john fraser wrote:
In article , Bazza
writes
I'm not after a bowling green but

I'm not really hijacking your query Barry but I also have a serious prob
with moss. On checking prices of lawn sand and other proprietary moss
killers I realised it'll cost me an arm and a leg as I have roughly 50mx
70m of grass to treat. I seem to remember from the ice age in Mr
Hessayons book " how to be a lawn expert" that sulphate of iron was
effective. True?? Does anyone know what dosage of it I should use in a
lawn spreader? Should I mix in some nitrogen fertiliser to give the
grass a boost? Could I mix in some coarse sand to create my own lawn
sand? TIA

Frankly, is it worth the bother? That probably means poor drainage,
and killing the moss will merely lead to bare patches. Learning to
love your moss is less hassle.

The only real solution to a lawn moss problem is to rebuild the lawn
from scratch and improve the drainage.

(I have been here before but it's been a while since I posted. I see
the levels of personal abuse are still well up to the old standard)

It was a lot better for a long while, but there has been a troll hatch.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679