Old 30-10-2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tater Tater is offline

Default harlequin romances as composting material

I am planning some modified sqare foot gardening and am looking for
some advice......

in researching lasangna gardening they use newpapers in layers with
organic material to create some planting medium.

anyway......I am planning on filling my garden beds with a lot of waste
paper as i can find, but i might be comming up short. I plan to fill
the topmost part with commercial potting soil.

I was thinking, the local thrift store sells grocery bags full of
paperbacks for cheap, and was wondering if i cold use this stuff as
filler/drainiage/wick/moisture holding material. anyone have some
thoughts?