Old 30-10-2006, 03:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

:-)) Well to cheer you up later in your hibernation, I promise

I'll
post sometime in late Jan, early Feb, about gardening in 40+ C

Fair enough! I have down in Cornwall a very flat climate temperature

wise,
never very hot and never very cold, but I like the rest of the

country
cannot escape the Latitude which means less light than I would like

in
winter :~)

Lovely part of the world. And the compensation for such light levels
is that glorious British green. Here the natural colour of the trees
and just about everything else is olive green (and even the British
trees aren't that same shade of green as they are in the UK - strong
light washes out the colour). I long for real British green and have
recently threatened my husband with wanting to move to a climate where
I can have real green.

PS I generally cheer up after Christmas when the days start to

lengthen
again!

I think that happens to everyone. I even cheer up after mid June and
we generally get cloudless blue skies all winter.