Old 30-10-2006, 09:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

Farm1 wrote:

The Syney basin IS important for agriculture (one of my Grandfathers
was a market gardener at Botany so I DO know of the importance of this
area).

what name?
I suspect my direct lot had moved to Leeton, and were heading to Matcham
by then

Those stereotypically slow to accept change country people you think
so little of, first noticed such issues as salinity about a century
ago and they noticed dryland salinity in the mid 1920s.

The real problem for farmers were the various dept of agriculture which
advised governments of the day and compelled some farmers to grow
certain crops in bad area.