Old 30-10-2006, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
kenv kenv is offline

Default Mole murdering

Traps are really the most effective. You can get them at Home Depot for
about $9.00 each. Get the heavy duty metal ones that close like a scissors
when sprung. Find a runway between two mounds. Bury the trap in the mole
runway, make the jaws level with the bottom of the runway so when the mole
is running down the tunnel he'll run into the jaws of the trap. Mound dirt
and grass around the top of the trap so as little light as possible gets in.
Then cover the trap with a plastic plant pot, the 8 to 10 inch size works
well. Then sit back and watch the traps do the work for you.

The other thing to consider is getting rid of whatever the moles are being
attracted to in your lawn. They usually like to eat grubs and other bugs.

And, finally I have found that the moles in my neck of the woods don't care
too much for lawn feritilizer. You might try keeping your lawn fertilized
and see if that works.

"moleyguy" wrote in message

Hi all,

Where we live, there is an empty house next door with a huge mole
problem. The bark garden has so many molehills they have joined
together and it looks like someone has been digging trenches. I've used
every kind of mole repellant to repel their occasional forays over our
side of the fence, but today I have decided that enough is enough and
thought I'd check out a gardening message board for some expert
advice...

Does anyone on here know the most effective way to kill them when they
come over to my back garden under the fence? I want every last one of
them, and their children, dead. Not diverted to next door for a month
or so until they have another go. Dead. Never to return again. Deceased
- though preferably not pushing up the daisies...

Any advice would be welcome. On registering I did a quick search for
"moles" and saw one of these recommended on another thread
http://tinyurl.com/tftwn

Can anyone else vouch for their effectiveness? Would some kind of
warfarin based/rat poison type bait be more effective? At the moment,
I'm seriously considering sticking a few bangers down the holes and
hoping they die of shock!

Cheers,

Moleyguy.

--