Old 30-10-2006, 10:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Making a new lawn

Lukaslo wrote:
John Wrote:
Hi, I have a small front garden approx 60 sq.metres and wish to make it
into
a lawn (We already have a fair sized rear lawn). At present it
contains
various bushes, shrubs and plants which will all have to be taken out.

Having done that what is the best way to proceed? I hear various
advice.
Should I put a membrane down to discourage weeds coming through, or
apply
strong weedkiller etc?

Any advice gratefully received as I have never attempted this kind of
thing
before.

Regards
John

Hey, I suggest you to read free ebook about gardening at this adress
http://www.agardening.info
Anyway if I were you a would use a membrane. But if you have plenty of
time to work on grass daily than you don't need to use it.

What does possibly using a membrane vs plenty of time daily o work on
grass have to do with starting a new lawn?

If you are
going to use weedkiller read about what are the side affects of using
it

--
Lukaslo