Old 31-10-2006, 11:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
PatC PatC is offline

Default Say goodbye to my Tomatoes again

Oh well & tried once again, but it doesn't look good.
I planted early here in Sydney & thought that I had all those diseases
beaten...
But now when a lot of the toms are getting nice & plump the plants are
developing that brownish colour in the stems.
This usually means the whole plants will die within days.
I have done all the right things, ie not planting in the same place, keeping
up the water & nutrients (don't use too much nitrogen) & have given them
potash in liquid form.
I REAALLLY want some home grown/nice tasting toms.
What can I do???
I have some newer plants 'Rouge De Marmande', any chance that thes will turn
out OK?
Pat