Old 31-10-2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
kenv kenv is offline

Default Grass and lawn rebuilding

Sod....you can get it at Home Depot for about $2.89 for 4x1 roll. You can't
buy the seed/fertilizer/soil/water for that much, not to mention the time of
your daily labor required

"Jimi" wrote in message
Hello,

I am in Southern Canada. Recently, my steel cribbed water well
collapsed and I had to get a new one bored and sleeved with a fiberglass
casing.

From the heavy equipment and ground disturbance I have one hell of a
mess in my back yard. Mainly sand overtop my existing grass... I scraped
most of it down with a backhoe and filled in the old well with it.

How would you suggest replanting grass in the spring? Should I just
get a load of topsoil and lay the grass seed to it overtop of the old
stuff? or Should I bring in a bobcat and remove the old topsoil before
putting the new topsoil and seed down.?

I'm also thinking of just levelling the mess I have and laying sod over
everything...old grass etc,

Thanks for any constructive comments...Jim