Old 01-11-2006, 12:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] victorff@hotmail.com is offline

Default Corylus avellana contorta propagating

Hi Eggs, Thank you very much for your reply. I was hoping to somehow
get that nice looking contorted sucker to take root.

regards,
victor
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
victor_in_norhteast said:

Hi all, I have a Corylus avellana contorta in my backyard that is a joy to
watch, especially in winter. I would like to propagage this tree, but I am a
complete beginner. There is a contorted sucker from this summer. How can I
use this sucker to propagate my beautiful tree? Long replies are OK, since I
know very little about gardening.

Won't take a long reply. If you know very little about gardening, we'll not
get into grafting. That's the only propagation method I'm aware of for that
species. It's most likely grafted onto another root stock, already. If you
want another specimen, your best bet would be to purchase one.

--
Eggs

After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?