Old 31-10-2006, 11:43 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_1_] Jonno[_1_] is offline

Default Say goodbye to my Tomatoes again

PatC wrote:
Oh well & tried once again, but it doesn't look good.
I planted early here in Sydney & thought that I had all those diseases
beaten...
But now when a lot of the toms are getting nice & plump the plants are
developing that brownish colour in the stems.
This usually means the whole plants will die within days.
I have done all the right things, ie not planting in the same place, keeping
up the water & nutrients (don't use too much nitrogen) & have given them
potash in liquid form.
I REAALLLY want some home grown/nice tasting toms.
What can I do???
I have some newer plants 'Rouge De Marmande', any chance that thes will turn
out OK?
Pat

Latest trick Get some thin copper wire and pierce each plant through
the stems. It may give it immunity to certain viruses.
Im trying this myself this year, and I'm going to do this today...