Old 01-11-2006, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Blackberries

"Darren" wrote in message
news :
: Hello Folks, first timer here,
:
: A Basic question.
:
: If I were to plant a single blackberry in a pot and care for it inside
: the house, would a blackberry plant start to grow, if so then when it
: is mature enough could it be transported to the garden to continue then
: produce fruit when ready.
:
: I have had a look on the internet but a lot of the info seems to be
: about purchasing cuttings and ready made canes etc, however I just like
: the idea of growing from scratch and making it my project rather than
: purchasing a ready made plant.
:
: Thank you in advance.
:
: Darren
:
You can certainly bring a blackberry along on it's own but imo it would not
respond well to being in the house and would be better off outside or in a
cold frame/greenhouse