Old 01-11-2006, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Blackberries

"Darren" wrote in message
news

Hello Folks, first timer here,

A Basic question.

If I were to plant a single blackberry in a pot and care for it inside
the house, would a blackberry plant start to grow, if so then when it
is mature enough could it be transported to the garden to continue then
produce fruit when ready.

I have had a look on the internet but a lot of the info seems to be
about purchasing cuttings and ready made canes etc, however I just like
the idea of growing from scratch and making it my project rather than
purchasing a ready made plant.

Thank you in advance.
Darren

Funny how you sit here reading URG and suddenly think 'why have i never
considered that before?" :~))))

Intrigued I went a googling....

Seems to be quite a few sites that mention them growing from seed. Several
sites even has it down as an invasive weed in the wild :~)

Some mention that the seed needs to go thought a bird digestion to break
down the hard coating.

Why not just give it a go. Plant some in a pot indoors and some outside in
the garden.. let us know what happens :~))

Jenny