Old 01-11-2006, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Blackberries

"JennyC" wrote in message
"Darren" wrote in message

If I were to plant a single blackberry in a pot and care for it

inside
the house, would a blackberry plant start to grow, if so then when

it
is mature enough could it be transported to the garden to continue

then
produce fruit when ready.

Intrigued I went a googling....

Seems to be quite a few sites that mention them growing from seed.

Several
sites even has it down as an invasive weed in the wild :~)

I can attest to that. They are a major weed spread by seed in
Australia (or where the tips of old plants touch the gound) so they
grow into massive thickets bigger than many houses.

They are not like the thornless cultivated ones. All have absolutely
vicious thorns but are much better flavour than the cultivated ones -
if it's moist year