Old 01-11-2006, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:50:32 +1100, "Farm1"

please@askifyouwannaknow
wrote:

I think that happens to everyone. I even cheer up after mid June

and
we generally get cloudless blue skies all winter.

You should have waved to the camera

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/New...es.php3?img_id
=17441

Wow! What an amazing pic. Thank you so much for posting that link,
even if it is depressing.

The site says that the yellow spots with a zero rating are in "near
average" conditions and are shaded yellow. I see that where I live
shows up as being in one of these yellow areas but it is not at all
"near average" for this time of year - much worse than anyone I know
has yet experienced for this time of year - dry creek, needing to feed
cattle (in Spring!) and record animal sales in all the yards. It
should reflect in lower meat prices but of course hasn't.