Old 01-11-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Blackberries

"Pam Moore" wrote
snip
For instance, I have a thornless blackberry plant which often seeds
itself around my garden, thanks to the birds! The leaves are like the
parent plant but the seedlings all have thorns. snip

What's the fruit like from the thornless ones Pam? Anywhere as good as
wild ones? I've been thinking of putting one either on my back fence or
through the hawthorn hedge. We get seedling brambles popping up but I've
been weeding those out on the grounds that I've already got enough
thorny canes to contend with from sweetbriar and dog roses.

--
Sue