Old 01-11-2006, 02:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Bamboo breaking through pond liner

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:49:14 +0000, organic_jann
wrote:

The liner is a heavy duty rubber one. Someone said to me that I could
replace it with a special type of cement which would prevent subsequent
bamboo shoots from breaking through.
Is this the case and if so, what is this type of cement called? Are
there any other suggestions you may have? Any other material that will
be impervious to bamboo shoots? Or will I simply have to dig up the
bamboo. If so, you'll know, this will be very difficult to carry out
successfully.

I didn't notice you are in the UK until after I hit reply, and I
already read some of the FAQ on this site:
http://www.americanbamboo.org/

Perhaps the "type of cement" was meant to be a concrete barrier?
And perhaps you could get a trenching machine to dig a trench along
part of the perimeter of your pond, or around your bamboo patch and
simply pour concrete into the trench? Sounds easier than pouring a
concrete pond liner.

Regards,

Hal