Old 02-11-2006, 09:46 AM
gasdoctor gasdoctor is offline
Registered User

Default Iris rhizomes

Hi,

Ive got some (I assume are) tall bearded irises, growing in a pot, they didnt flower last year (first year planted as "bulbs") and I was about to throw them out when they produced two beautiful flushes of flowers. As a result Im quite fond of them.

So, I want to do the following but not sure when and how.

Firstly I like to move them to a nicer pot for the spring/summer and secondly I liked to propogate them.

I have already cut them down to a few inches (I think this was a mistake, but I just treated them like other bulbs).

Can I lift and store the rhizomes?

Or am I better off leaving them where they are, moving to them a different pot next year, if so when?

Any advice please?

Thanks