Old 02-11-2006, 11:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chris[_6_] Chris[_6_] is offline

Default Backpack Leaf Blower...

Thanks for all the replies. I decided that this year the Ryobi will be
fine. Next year I'll look into buying a stihl backpack. They are pricey,
but from what I've seen, they are pretty good. The Ryobi will still serve
me for vacuuming up leaves in the flower beds, bushes, etc. while the
backback will be better for the rest of the yard.

Thanks again for all the comments.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Chris wrote:
I have a Ryobi hand-held leaf blower/shredder, which works fine, but...

- The shredder bag is way too small (have to empty it too often)
- After running it for half-an-hour or so, my arms are aching :-)

So, I was looking for a bakpackstyle blower, but have NOT found one which
is
also a shredder, with a collecting bag. I'm pretty sure I've seen them
out
there, but no store in this area carries them. Any ideas?

Chris

Hi Chris,

maybe the thing you are looking for is a Stihl 85 D Shredder Vac/
Blower

http://www.stihlusa.com/blowers/SH85D.html

I am not sure if this is significantly more powerful than you Ryobi
though. I have never seen a back pack version of a vaccum. There are
lawn vaccums on wheels though

http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=48

which will bag for you the leaves. This I think is good if your lawn is
flat.

I actually use a back pack blower on a 1/2 acre lawn which is hilly. I
use a RedMax 8000 and like it very much.

http://www.redmax.com/productcart/pc...7&idproduct=28

You need goggles and ear protectors. Most pros uses back pack blowers
and a large plastic tarp. The peg the tarp to the lawn and then blow
leaves onto the tarp. When they have got a big enought pile they use
the tarp wrap and place all the leaves onto their truck. I sort of
cheat a blow my leaves into the surrounding wooded area on my land.

How this is useful,

Warmest regards, Mike.