Old 02-11-2006, 11:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chris[_6_] Chris[_6_] is offline

Default Ariens Snowking, leaking oil

As I was geting my 2-yr old Ariens ready for the winter, I noticed that it
was leaking oil. I looked closer and the oil is leaking from the box where
the engine shaft engages the auger shaft (don't know what it's called). I
was wondering if this is common, and if it's a seal or something gone bad
that I can change, or I need to bring it to a repair shop? Also, I checked
on-line but was not clear. Were can you get parts (like the seal and this
special gear oil, or whatever it is)? Can I order them on-line? Main chain
stores?

Thanks