Old 02-11-2006, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Butternut squash.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"sam" wrote
I cleared the butternut squashes from the garden this morning.
Last year I was given two seedlings by my neighbour, and as
the plants grew they rampaged all over the place.
This year I erected a frame and they grew up it, using much
less ground space.
I had never tried them before, but they make delicious soup,
and with the weather turning colder they are a welcome addition
to the larder.
Highly recommended.

Excellent, cut into inch cubes and mix with other veg like Courgette,
Asparagus, different coloured Peppers & shallots, and roast for half an
hour at gas mark 8 (230°C).

They're very versatile, you can do anything with them!

Mary