Old 22-03-2003, 10:08 PM
bnd777

Default Do mulcher mowers work?

Well we produce loads more grass cuttings than that and have compost bins
made out of pallettes put together
with all the other cuttings from the garden plus shredded prunings and horse
muck if i can get it i make loads of super compost
The secret is to mix all the stuff well and then turn it from one bin into
another a couple of times plus a bucket or 2 of urine soon gets it going

"Iain McWilliams" wrote in message

"bnd777" wrote in message
Why not turn the clippings into compost that the ecologic way
mulcher mowers eventually build up a load of thatch in the grass so then

you
need to scarify and you have another load of stuff to deal with

I tried that once but either the the compost bin I bought was too small,

or
I'm creating far too much clippings (approx 4 bin bags every two weeks).

So should I assume that mulchers don't really work?

Thanks,
Iain