Old 03-11-2006, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
eeyore eeyore is offline

Default cymbidium question

I've been having a lot of fun with my orchids, but still trying to learn the
ropes. Got a couple of cymbidium's this year and wondering what still
maturing flower stalks look like. Nothing special, a Klehm-Apple Tea from
Home Depot. I've got a stalk that looks like something tightly wrapped in a
leaf. Currently it is about 9 inches tall. If I lightly squeeze it (I try
to resist and not do this often) I think I can feel a stalk in side. Does
this sound like a developing flower, or does anyone know of a web page that
might show one? Thanks in advance, you folks have always been a big help.