Old 22-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Matt Leber

Default veggie garden question

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:58:57 GMT, Kathy wrote:
We have a very small area to plant a few vegetables in. I'd like to grow
Kentucky Green Beans, zucchini, radishes, and a tomato plant. The area is
about 4'x 10'. Can I plant the pole beans in the back, zucchini in front and
radishes amount them all? My other option would be to put the tomatoes in a
pot possibly. What does everyone think? Would be happy for any suggestions.

I did just this last year. I had pole beans on the north side of the plot,
zucchini, and then tomatoes. The tomatoes did end up shading one of my
zucchini plants. Because of this, it only produced a couple of smallish
zucchinis. I would put the zucchini to the south end of the bed if I were
to do this again. The tomatoes and beans were very productive and would
have done even better had I installed a drip irrigation system with a timer.

--

Matt...