Old 03-11-2006, 01:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
eeyore eeyore is offline

Default cymbidium question

Steve,

Hope you're right, thanks for the information.

"Steve" wrote in message
eeyore wrote:
I've been having a lot of fun with my orchids, but still trying to learn
the ropes. Got a couple of cymbidium's this year and wondering what
still maturing flower stalks look like. Nothing special, a Klehm-Apple
Tea from Home Depot. I've got a stalk that looks like something tightly
wrapped in a leaf. Currently it is about 9 inches tall. If I lightly
squeeze it (I try to resist and not do this often) I think I can feel a
stalk in side. Does this sound like a developing flower, or does anyone
know of a web page that might show one? Thanks in advance, you folks
have always been a big help.

If it is 9 inches tall and there is nothing that looks like new leaves
growing, the next thing to happen will be flower buds emerging from the
tip. That will happen real soon!

Steve