Old 03-11-2006, 10:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Skyrocket Hydroponic Lettuce

"Terryc" wrote in message

(snippage)

OTOH, we scattered the seed heads from various lettuce last year on a
garden and this year we have about 25 square feet carpet of lettuce (Cos
style). We are amazed and have an elegant sufficency of lettuce for tossed
salads.

that sounds lovely! most of what i know about lettuce was gleaned through
failure, not success g

Even when they are obviously going to seed, they are doing it so slowly.

ime, the word "bolting" is a bit of a misnomer. it's slow, but it's still
too soon!

Received copious amounts of manure on the soil and lashing of worm wee.

i suspect they have their feet in so much nutrients that are bone idle.

Anyway, I am looking for peeps who might know to save me running a full
lot of experiments.

that leaves me out, then ;-)

i'd do experiments though anyway (after all, you have enough lettuce
already, don't you, so it won't matter if the experiments fail g)

No good running them under 30% shade cloth if that is the problem.

i'd honestly think 30% shade cloth (in & of itself) is quite all right for
lettuce... you might be right about the juice they're growing in.
kylie the unhelpful