Old 03-11-2006, 10:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

"Terryc" wrote in message
0tterbot wrote:

It isn't obvious to people who don't have a clue and haven't talked or
looked at stuff before.

i'm assuming that people would get a basic grasp of the process

Nope, wrong assumption. Seriously, you have got to meet some of these
people to believe how little they know/knew. It was good for a laugh,
except when some poor animal was suffering.

i did a short course on organic gardening one time - it was based on an
"absolute beginner" level of student, with the (obvious) result that
everyone in the class was amazingly bored for the duration of the entire
course, although our handouts (NOT designed for raw beginners) were very
interesting. logically it seems to me, that one couldn't (or most likely
wouldn't, anyway) be interested in _organic_ gardening if one didn't have
the first idea how to garden by any method in the first place. kwim?

Obviously you are the wrong market.

i think so, but it bothers me when i find something incomprehensible.

Naah, one of the benefits of being able to speed read is to decide if the
book is really worth the $$$ asked. Do not ever trust anyones
recommendation.

i might not trust it exactly, but i'm always interested in it! and then
there's the library, bless.
kylie