Old 03-11-2006, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Leaf damage ID help pleaser

You should read the articles written by Dr. Yin-Tung Wang from Texas A&M
about how to force an orchid to bloom. Then you'll realize what the
wholesaler does to an orchid intended for sale at a box-store and why you'll
probably never be able to get the thing to rebloom for you. Sure people can
do it, even I've done it, but the poor things have been 'ridden hard and put
away wet' so you can't expect too much from them after that sort of
treatment.

http://primera.tamu.edu/orchids/articles.htm

K Barrett

"Nancy G." wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, Okay. Right now for me, there are no local venders. It's a 5
hour drive to St. Louis, 2 hrs to KC, 2 hrs to Springfield. I either
have to order on line or occasionally I purchase at a box store. It's
a mess.

[snip]