Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Leaf damage ID help pleaser

At the risk of being flamed half to death, I'm chiming in here. Just about
all of us have had questions for this group at one time or another, and
everyone was a "newbie" at one time.

Do I purchase most of my orchids from reputable vendors? Yeah. Do I value
their hard work and try to help them stay in business? Yeah. Do I ever see
something at HD and pick it up? Yeah again. And I daresay that, with the
[possible] exception of the commercial growers in this group, most of us
have done the same.

Are we suddenly hostile to questions from people seeking information because
of where they bought their plants? C'mon, guys. Let's get back to friendly
and welcoming.

Just my two cents. Flame retardant suit is on.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
You're naive if you think coming into a group of vendors bragging about a
bunch of [warty] orchids you bought for cheap at Walmart then wanting to
know why they aren't growing and wanting free advice isn't going to raise
some hackles. Get your head out.

So, caveat emptor, Bruce.

And you get what you pay for.

K Barrett

"Bruce Musgrove" wrote in message
I don't know... maybe a usenet newsgroup dedicated to that particular item
/ hobby, and full of professionals / amateurs / hobbyists willing to help
others (AKA newbies) learn ? :=)

Wasn't that intent of USENET? a virtual gathering place where users of
similar intersts could electronically share information.

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message

snip Where else, besides the
seller, should you first take questions or problems about any product
you've purchased??? Kenni