Old 03-11-2006, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al[_1_] Al[_1_] is offline

Default DNA sequence question

Yes, the Sorcerer II expedition. Very VERY Amazing.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Was that on the Sorceror II? J Craig Ventner's effort? He was the fellow
that beat the government's Human Genome Project to sequence the human
genome. He also was one of the folks I was thinking about when I asked my
question. A few years ago he was on 'Science Friday' (NPR) talking about
how he scoops up plankton, sequences the DNA, and has found over 800 genes
that deal with handling light. Again, I wondered 'how does he know?'
Plus, he's got one hell of a web page:
http://www.sorcerer2expedition.org/v.../HTML/main.htm

Jealousy overwhelms me.

K Barrett