Old 03-11-2006, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
white lilly white lilly is offline

Default Cactus caught in sub temps

Hello everyone,
I've been hanging around in the background for a while now and would like to
introduce myself. I'm lilly from Dublin. I've been gardening for 30yrs and
this seems like a lovely place to share.

My query this time is about my cactus. They had been happily living in the
greenhouse all summer (unheated) Normally I take them indoors for the
winter, but this year I got them all as far as the garden table and had to
rush off. Completely forgot about them and last night a hard frost hit,
temps went down to -2deg. I've taken them in but does anyone know if there
will be lasting damage?

Thanks
Lilly