Old 04-11-2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Leaf damage ID help pleaser

I'm not offended. I'm just amazed that any dissention, alternate opinion or
even alternate phraseology in exchanges should be described as 'rude'.

So.

Where do you cut the Phal spike?

Since that's all that everyone deems appropriate conversation around here.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Kathy, I certainly didn't mean to offend you; I'm sure you know me better
than that by now. And of course newbies need education in lots of areas. I
guess what I'm trying to say is that I would hope we can accomplish that
and still be civil to one another.

There's so much incivility around these days. It's nice to come here and
be able to express opinions without rancor. I'm no Pollyanna, Kath. I can
sling the s**t with the best of them, and on the rare occasions when I do
it can get ugly. It seems to me, though, that this is one place where
that's rarely necessary.

Jes' sayin'. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll butt out now.

Diana
"Robert Lorenzini" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:54:32 -0800, K Barrett
wrote:
Just saying let's all be friends doesn't raise the awareness of the
issues
for the newbies, now does it?

Or do newbies only deserve certain kinds of education?

And I object to the characterization of 'hostile'. 'Adult' would be
more
like it.

Rude would be more appropriate.

Bob