Old 04-11-2006, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Leaf damage ID help pleaser

We find (by entirely unscientific "survey" of those who talk to us about
orchids) that box store purchases tend to lead to one of two results, in
about equal numbers:

1. The purchaser "graduates" and begins to frequent local growers; or
2. The purchaser decides, based on the poor performance of the box store
purchases, that orchids are "too difficult" and gives up on them.

Kenni

"Robert Lorenzini" wrote in message

I have a feeling these cheap orchids may provide a hook to lure
unsuspecting folks into the dark side of collecting. I would pay
50% more for those big box plants if they just had a tag. I think
for most people they are just table flowers and disposable after
a month or so. Oh, and thank you Trader Joe's for not charging extra
for the mealy bugs.

Bob