Old 04-11-2006, 02:56 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Skyrocket Hydroponic Lettuce

0tterbot wrote:
and i'll put rocks up for plants that like warmth, not for shade, duh!

We have a rock patch, but that was aimed at encouraging the skinks and
to give them somewhere to hide from the cat. {:-)

Currently, we have one bed 10'x4' that I'm broadcasting various old seeds
(capsicum, spinach, lettuce and whatever else I find that we have
collected in the seed collection) onto, I'll scratch the surface, water
and sit back and see what happens. it seems to work better, than purchased
or raised seedlings/

i bet it does. i wouldn't mind an update in a few months!

I will try to remember. Ifthis rain keeps up, whe should get a goot
shooting.

i raise a lot of
seedlings these days, it's certainly a totally different thing to what
you're going to do with that bed. it's extremely artificial, in many ways &
i suspect the artificiality leads to problems down the track.

swmbo does the seedling raising and planting out. I'm just the garden
labourer {:-). lug the bags of poo, sieve the compost, dig the garden
that sort of thing. it is just that we have both noticed the problems
with seedlings bolting and are head scratching.