Old 04-11-2006, 03:00 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Re Water Restrictions

Chookie wrote:

Tree removal is covering their arse as people have an absolute paranoia
about falling tree limbs. I guess that I am 1,00,000 more times likely
to die on the roads than by a tree falling on me.

There's also trees falling onto cars/houses, and cleaning up after storms.
Personally, that's a risk I want to live with.

Our thoughts exactly. the feature of our back yard is a massive gum
tree. Pitty it is on the eastern side, but it provides a cool location
in summer and attracts many and varied birds. Excellent.

There are parts of Baulkham
Hills Shire that give you the willies -- bricks and rooftops to the horizon,
and NO ROOM for trees. Betcha those areas will have higher suicide rates.

Did town planning asubject at Tafe in Ultimo, where there is a room with
a picture of a dutch town. It it horrifying to me. Almost a square mile
of red, red, red,. no green trees or bushes.