Old 04-11-2006, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default Bird tables....

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:22:40 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

Hi all,

I needed a new bird tale last week and went of to the GC to have a look. We
have a modern house so I wanted a modern looking one to hang on some steel
trellis. The only ones available are ALL made of wood and very traditional
looking. Ended up getting one and painting it blue to at least make it a bit
less twee.

Then a got into a discussion with a poster here (the sculptor) about bird
feeders and tables.... He makes squirrel proof feeders which look great! His
site is www.llamaseven.com

I was wondering about a hanging steel bird table..... but while discussing
it over breakfast this morning Leo said that maybe metal is not such a good
idea as the birds feet might get stuck on it in freezing weather?

I was thinking of that ribbed steel they use for floors etc or maybe a
hardwood base with a simple stainless steel roof?

Any ideas or thoughts on this?

I agree... Birds are such damn traditionalists. I bet they don't even
appreciate your organic bird seed. ! :-)

I suggest a selection of Ugg booties.

Andy