Old 22-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Entering the Horticulture Field. :)

The message
from (Joel Jac0b) contains these words:

Hello, I've had an interest in Horticulture since I was very small. I'm now
22-years-old and would like to find a job in relation to this field. I don't
hold a degree, and in all honesty don't know much about Horticulture, but I
have a strong desire to learn.

Ask your nearest botanical gardens, or any prestigious gardens in your
area which have a high number of visitors, if they run a
volunteer/friends group who do regular unpaid work there. You'll have a
lot of fun, learn a great deal from the professional gardeners who
supervise the volunteers; make some useful contacts and find out if you
have the stamina and patience for that kind of work.

Janet.